Cloud Computing is no longer a promising buzz word: It’s a growing trend that sweeps software vendors and enterprises alike. Companies are realizing that the shift to the Cloud impacts more than their business model (from perpetual licensing to usage or access based subscription). It tremendously affects the way companies develop, deliver and support applications. In fact, Cloud changes the core of the offering and infiltrates to the DNA of the R&D, sales and customer support.
Cloud simplifies customer care: Instead of supporting several software versions, it enables to support a single version. Cloud products are released frequently: The traditional rate of two releases a year is no longer valid. Upgrade must be done seamlessly: no downtime, no dedicated time to conduct the upgrade. As such, special emphasis is placed on quality. Where a bug is merely a bug in On-Premise installations, Cloud’s tolerance to bugs is minimal, as it could affect the entire customer base.
With the evident change in approach and complexity – the Cloud model calls for greater synchronization and closer cooperation across organizations. Support is slowly shifting to Development – DevOps is the new support provider that reports to R&D. Planning Cloud products requires a different level of collaboration with Marketing and Sales departments to design the next sprint and gather customers’ feedback. This has greater significance as any small change applies on the product and is exposed to all customers. With constant demand for top quality and rapid, seamless releases how do organizations get it right?
In the Dynamic Cloud Ecosystem, Ignite Helps Businesses Pave Their Way to Success
Keep your feet on the ground when going to the Cloud: SaaS goes further than selecting the right data center. It changes the way enterprises conduct themselves and interact with their customers. Ignite facilitates Cloud development, incorporating Agile methodology which helps create robust Cloud software products.
Ignite’s Cloud Development Must-Haves:
- Building a team with profound knowledge and experience in Cloud development
- Assigning an experienced project manager with prior professional background
- Adhering to Agile fluency across all team members as well as in development and business processes
- Preparing for rapid development cycles
- Placing extra attention on planning, executing and testing the software to ensure a bug-free environment
- Testing to ensure a seamless experience is even more crucial in a Cloud-based application. Ignite supports nurturing a beta community,. When upgrading, the beta community tests the product in the first period, providing feedback and insights. This provides vendors with significant, real time information needed to stabilize the product and ensure a seamless product experience after the upgrade.
- Supervision and guidance of Ignite’s CTO to provide industry standards and best practices along with usage of novel technologies and information that will help you make the right R&D decisions
Success in the Cloud: It’s All About Details
Going to the Cloud requires meticulous attention to detail as even the slightest change is visible and effects not only the product itself. Marketing plays a significant role in Product development and every product modification effects Sales, Operations as well as Customer Care. As such, Cloud promotes a collaborative work mode, where all departments are aligned to the same goals and deadlines. In order to enable Cloud efficiency, a new development methodology is required. Ignite implements Agile development and builds work plans that support the business and keep all R&D aspects streamlined and synchronized.
Another aspect of attention to detail is attrition. While Cloud Computing has clear benefits, churn rate is an issue that Cloud providers face on a higher intensity than other industries. Lost customer base costs the organization not only in reduced revenue and profitability but also in efficiency. Decreasing customer attrition isn’t about forming a new organizational structure or deploying new technologies. It requires fanatic attention to details and broad decision making across multiple areas, including strategic planning, marketing, sales, operations, finance and customer care. The good news is that organizations who adapt to Cloud best practices manage not only top retain customers but also to boost productivity, increase revenue, and ultimately create a sustainable competitive edge.Want to know more? Ask our experts!