The Challenge: Develop Mercado’s Ignition – a complete eCommerce solution, configured as a software-as-a-service application (SaaS), and built for online businesses looking for a world-class hosted solution delivering search, navigation and merchandising capabilities.
To help them convert to this new SaaS model, Mercado turned to Ignite.
Our Role: Ignite’s development team took full responsibility of the architecture and development of Mercado’s Ignition eCommerce platform. Working closely with Mercado’s offshore project manager and product manager Ignite’s team reverse-engineered Mercado’s prototype and assumed full responsibility of the development of the product roadmap.
- Full-scale eCommerce platform allowing Mercado to bring a new shop online within few hours of work
- An Enterprise-scale search and navigation powered by Mercado’s semantic search engine
- Interactive AJAX interface for the best shopping experience with an underlying robust J2EE core
- SEO infrastructure
- Reviews and Rating Management
- Order Management
- Product Catalog Management
- Inventory Management
- Integration with leading payment processing gateways
- Integration with shipping vendors
By utilizing Ignite’s Agile development methodology, the product was brought to its last stages before General Availability, when it was finally acquired by Omniture.
The development methodology of the offshore team was distributed Scrum with 3 weeks sprints. The team was fully distributed with Marketing in the US; project management, product management and architecture design executed in Mercado’s site in Israel; the R&D in Russia and the testing team was located in an offsite location in Israel.
Contact us and Fire up your software development with Ignite